Try this sugar free carrot cake. I personally do not like carrot cakes, but when I have tried this spicy, not so oily cake, I begin to love this version of carrot cake.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cups dates, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine the water, dates, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the shredded carrots in a large bowl and pour the hot water mixture over them, and allow to cool completely.
- Add the orange juice concentrate to the carrot mixture and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased cake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes oout clean.
If you don’t like its bland taste, you may top the cake with cream cheese frosting.
To prepare the cream cheese frosting,
beat 150 g of cream cheese and 40 g of butter. Add 80 g confectioner sugar. Add 1/2 teaspoon lemon flavoring.